Friday, February 18, 2011

Planting Seeds

Children are sponges. They abosrb the world around them at a rapid pace. As a parent, I have the opportunity -- no, the responsiblity - to talk to Carson about Jesus and God's love everyday. The following stories are an encouragement to me because it reminds me that he is listening and we are planting those seeds of faithfulness in his life:

1. Carson and I attended a valentines party at one of his friend's house earlier this week. The children were getting settled down to eat lunch at the picnic table that had been set up for them. As I was helping serve lunch, I looked over to Carson and saw that he had his plate of food in front of him and he had his head bowed, eyes closed, and hands folded -- ready to say a blessing for his food. It melted my heart -- that snapshot of him will forever be ingrained in my mind and on my heart.

2. A book that we like to read to Carson is called "Guess How much I love you." It is a story of a little bunny and a daddy bunny talking about how much they love each other --- "I love you this much,...no, I love you over the hill,...no I love you over the hill and across the river,ect...
Well, here is a conversation between Charles and Carson a couple of nights ago:

Charles: I love you this much (stretching out his arms )
Carson: I love you this much (stretching out his arms)
Charles: I love you to the moon
Carson: I love you to, um, um... (thinking very hard about what could be farther than the moon)
Charles: I love you to the stars
Carson: I love you to um, um....(still thinking about what could be farther than the stars)
Charles: I love you to heaven
Carson: I love you to, to...Jesus

No comments: