Sunday, June 10, 2012

2012 thus far...

Has it really been six months since my last post??? Wow, I have some major catching up to do. I promise that I haven't been lazy... just busy. My major (and somewhat validated) excuse is that I have been finishing up my last semester of school. I began graduate school more than 8 years ago and am pleased to announce that I finally graduated in May! Carson has been a trooper as I have been writing my capstone (like a thesis) these last few months. I am so glad to have that behind me and was thankful for the support of my family and friends.

It is hard to believe that Carson is almost 4-years-old. He is such a sweet and loving boy. He loves going to church and Bible study and it is encouraging to see the seeds of faith being planted in him at such a young age. He loves helping daddy with projects around the house and going on jellybean walks where we all walk around the neigborhood and Charles ask Carson various questions (about the trees we see, the weather, ect...) and Carson gets a jellybean (or any small piece of candy we happen to have) if he answers correctly. It keeps him busy during the walks and he has alot of fun answering the questions. Here are pictures of some of the projects that Carson enjoys helping with:



We enjoy watching football together as a family and many Sunday afternoons we would come home after church and have indoor picnics in the living room to watch the games.

We had a pretty mellow winter this year....both in temperature and in food consumption. Carson and Charles love making smores in our firepit.

In March, we celebrated Cali's first birthday. Julee  decided to go with a luau theme for her little girl. We hosted the party at our house.
Carson and Cali enjoyed playing the Eukele at Cali's birthday party.

Charles took Carson to an Easter Egg Drop on Easter weekend. Basically, a helicpoter flies over a big field and drops plastic Easter eggs for the children to collect. Carson had a great time "hunting" for eggs (kids have it way to easy these days - -they don't even hide the eggs anymore!). I was a little concerned that Carson might be hard to keep track of among all the kids, but  I think the fluroscent green shirt and mickey mouse hat did the trick (Cason loves that hat by the way).

While at the Easter Egg Drop, Carson entered a raffle and won this basket of goodies. It was filled with kid movies and candy, but Cason's favorite item in the basket  was a little orange New Testament Bible -- he carried it around with him for weeks and would open it up and put his finger on the words to read it (just like they do at BSF).

Carson reading his New Testament.


Family pictures on Easter morning.

 

We attended Tavanya Freeman and Tim Greco's wedding in St. Augustine in April. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding at a state park. Nana and Papa were also at the wedding and Julee was in the wedding.





We were so grateful to be able to spend a few days in Amelia Island this Spring. We had a blast at the beach -- the ocean was to cold to swim in but Carson had fun flying his kite and building a sand tow truck with his daddy.


In May we traveled to Ohio to celebrate Charles' grandmother's 90th birthday. Carson loved spending time with his cousins Mason and Maelynn.


To celebrate my graduation we had a party at the house. The kids enjoyed making these graduation caps -- I told them that they were all graduating from the school of cool!














No comments: